Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
Assign names to the object of a description
The system must be able to:
- Assign a title to an archival descriptions.
- Accommodate multiple titles (variants, title changes).
- Differentiate the authorized title from variants.
- Support explanatory notes on titles.
Context (parent requirements)
Associated functional requirements
Associated quality requirements
The application should be able to:
- Support drop-down value lists for data entry of Type of title.
- Retrieve descriptions by any name (authorized or variants).
Associated technical requirements
- ICA-AtoM include a Title field in the InformationObject table.
- ICA-AtoM does not impose any formatting rules on titles.
- ICA-AtoM stores Title notes in a separate Note database table, allowing users to register as many notes required (no limit).
- ICA-AtoM v1.0 beta does not handle multiple titles.
- ICA-AtoM v1.0 beta does not support date ranges on titles for previous names of description.
User Manual sections