Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
Indicate the level of description
The system must be able to:
- Record information that indicates the unit of description's position within the hierarchy of arrangement.
Context (parent requirements)
Associated functional requirements
Associated quality requirements
- Provide drop-down menus (value lists) for data entry of Level of description field.
- Provide pick-lists for data entry when specifying unit's position in the hierarchy of arrangement.
Associated technical requirements
- ICA-AtoM includes a Level of description field with a drop-down list for selecting values.
- Value list can be customized by the system administrator to include only levels employed by the institution. The values in this list themselves reside in a separate database table (Term).
- ICA-AtoM links the current description with others in the hierarchy of arrangement throught the Parent level field in which the user selects the "parent" description (left blank if the description represents the highest level).