Translate this wiki
Revision as of 13:59, 24 February 2010 by Peter
Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
Main Page > Translate this wiki
- The original ICA-AtoM documentation is created in English on this MediaWiki website.
- MediaWiki creates a permalink for each wiki page based on the page title. For example, the permalink for this page is 'title=Translate_this_wiki' (see your browser URL bar above).
- To see a translated version of the page, users can click on their preferred language in the language bar on the left.
- This will navigate them to a page that uses the same permalink appended by the corresponding ISO language code. For example, French will route to 'title=Translate_this_wiki/fr', Dutch will route to 'title=Translate_this_wiki/nl'
- If a translation hasn't yet been created for that page, it will appear as a MediaWiki page stub, ready for data-entry to those users that have editing privileges (e.g. those with a log-in password for this wiki).
- To translate a wiki page, you will need to login or create a wiki account.
- The translator should then:
- go back to the original English version of the page (e.g. Translate_this_wiki)
- cut all the English text, wiki mark-up codes and image links for that page
- go back to the target language page that requires translation (e.g. Translate_this_wiki/fr)
- paste the English text, wiki markup codes and image links into the new page
- overwrite the English text with the translated text, making sure to keep the same wiki markup code and image links
- save the page
- WARNING: When translating links to other wiki pages, be sure to preserve the original page name (appended with the language code) and use the wiki link markup to add a translated name for the page.
- For example, to translate a link to the [[Glossary]] page, use [[Glossary/nl|Begrippenlijst]] instead of [[Begrippenlijst]]