Manage user accounts
Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
This section describes how to add, edit, and delete user accounts in your ICA-AtoM application.
Add a new user
- Every user of the system who needs to be able to add, edit, or delete database content must have a user account. Only administrators can add new user accounts.
- In the admin menu, select "Users" (Fig. 1). This will take you to a list of current user accounts. The List users page has two presentation options: "Show active only" and "Show inactive only" which allow the Administrator to view active users and inactive users in the system.
- Click "Add new" in the button block at the bottom of the List users page. ICA-AtoM routes you to a blank edit page.
In the "Basic info" information area enter the following data (Fig. 2):
- In "Username" enter the user's name
- In "Email" enter the user's email address; the email address (rather than the user name) is used when logging in
- In "Password" enter the user's default password. Note that users can later change their own password (see change password).
- In "Confirm password" enter the password again
- The default is Active (you must deselect to make the user inactive)
- In the "Access control" information area Select the appropriate user group (Fig. 2). The user group, or user role determines the user's access privileges. Select the allowed languages for translation.
- You can add multiple user roles to an account; for example, a user may need both editor and translator access privileges.
- Click "Create". ICA-AtoM creates the new account and routes you to the view page (view user profile).
- The View user profile screen presents the profile, the information object permissions, the actor permissions and the taxonomy permissions as hyperlinks/tabs.
- You can refine user permissions in the groups and permissions information area, see edit permissions.
Add a new group
In "Name" enter the name of the group you wish to add (e.g. "Volunteer"). Add a description, then click "Create" (Fig. 4).