Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
This is the initial beta release of ICA-AtoM software in the form of a demo CD distributed to delegates at the ICA 2008 congress in Kuala Lumpur (July 21st to 27th, 2008)
- Create, edit, and delete functions for authority records, archival institution records, hierarchical archival descriptions, and terms
- Compliance with the following standards,
- General International Standard Archival Description (ISAD(G)) - 2nd edition, 1999
- International Standard Archival Authority Record (Corporate bodies, Persons, Families) (ISAAR(CPF)) - 2nd edition, 2003
- International Standard For Describing Institutions with Archival Holdings (ISDIAH) - 1st edition, March 2008
- Search box supporting basic and advanced searches for archival descriptions using the Zend framework's implementation of the the Lucene search engine
- Browse box allowing users to browse archival descriptions by subject, name, place, media type, archival description, and archival institution
- Ability to upload and view digital files. ICA-AtoM automatically creates two derivatives of the master digital object for viewing purposes: a thumbnail version and a reference display copy
- Ability to assign archival units to physical storage locations, and to click on a physical storage location to view a list of all archival units stored at that location
- User interface translated into French, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish (supported languages)
- Ability to translate database content into supported languages
- Ability to remove and restore supported languages
- Demonstration EAD export file
- HTML pages served to a web browser from a web server. Apache is used in development but ICA-AtoM is also compatible with IIS
- A database on a database server. MySQL is used in development but ICA-AtoM uses a database abstraction layer and is therefore also compatible with Postgres, SQLite, SQLServer, Oracle, etc.
- PHP 5 software code that manages requests and responses between the web clients, the application logic and the application content stored in the database
- The symfony web framework that organizes the component parts using object orientation and best practice web design patterns
- The Qubit Open Information Management Toolkit, developed by the ICA-AtoM project and customized to make the ICA-AtoM application