Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.
Visit https://www.accesstomemory.org for information about AtoM, the currently supported version.
This section describes how to add, edit, and delete content in ICA-AtoM:
- Add/edit accession records
- Add/edit archival descriptions
- Add/edit authority records
- Add/edit archival institutions
- Add/edit deaccession records
- Add/edit donors
- Add/edit functions
- Add/edit rights
- Control area
- Add/edit terms
- Exit edit mode
- Contributors can create and edit descriptions
- Editors and administrators can create and edit descriptions and publish and delete descriptions
See user roles for more information on the different user roles in ICA-AtoM. Note that in a multi-repository system, a user's edit and delete access may be limited to records originating from his or her own institution.
There is no requirement to create records in any particular order. But when an institution or network installs ICA-AtoM application, the first record(s) that should be created are always the archival institution records for all the repositories that will contribute descriptions to the system. These institutions will then appear in the drop-down list in the "Repository" field when creating archival descriptions.